Cultivating a finishing mentality within the Body of Christ, leading people to help complete the Great Commission by Mobilizing, Motivating, Equipping and Activating believers to make disciples for Jesus Christ.
Believers can be mobilized around a common vision. Every local church was raised up for a special purpose. Finding out the prophetic foundation or purpose of a church is critical to mobilizing the people.
“Where there is no vision, the people perish…” (Proverbs 29:18) When clear vision is not given, people are not motivated to get involved. Once the vision is set and given to the people, it can serve as a rallying point, generate excitement and breath new life into a ministry.
Every believer needs to be equipped, not just taught church doctrine and policy or even how to live a Christian life. They need to be given tools with which to nullify the works of the devil in their lives and tools with which to work the works of God. They need to find out their Purpose, talents and God given abilities and how to use them to fulfill the great commission. Many Pastors are guilty of not equipping the saints but expecting them to function. Believers want to be equipped to function, in the daily context of their lives, outside the four walls of the church.
There are many anointed people sitting in our churches with much revelation, knowledge, abilities, talents, and gifts but contributing nothing towards the finish of the Great Commission.
Why? They have not been activated. Fear, religious traditions, insecure leaders, wrong belief systems, and denominational hindrances, to name a few, hold them back. A lack of activation will lead either to apathy or rebellion.
FINAL THRUST MINISTRIES’ STATEMENT OF FAITH
- That the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God.
- In one God eternally existent as three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus is true God and true man, conceived of the Holy Ghost, born of the virgin Mary; that
- He died on the cross and shed His blood as God’s only acceptable sacrifice for sin; that He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- That man was created in the image and likeness of God, but fell into sin, and can be justified only by grace through personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and savior.
- That when a person believes on and receives Jesus Christ into their life they receive Eternal Life, the Life or nature of the Eternal God, whereby they become a child of God and must then be trained how to live according to their new nature until they are once again reflecting the image and likeness of God.
- In the personal, literal second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to judge both the living and the dead; in everlasting blessedness for the believer, and judgment and eternal punishment for the unbeliever.
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit with speaking in tongues, in divine healing and in the gifts, fruit and anointed ministries of the Holy Spirit.
- That the gifts of the Holy Spirit are given to every believer and need to be stirred up and exercised to fulfill their divine purpose of making disciples of all peoples and blessing the body of Christ.
- In the full function of the five-fold ministry or governmental office gifts viz: apostles, prophets, evangelist, pastors and teachers, given to perfect and equip the saints so they can enter into the work of their ministries; thereby making disciples of all peoples and edifying the body of Christ.
- That the church is God’s instrument to establish and extend God’s Kingdom on earth until the literal coming of Christ to rule and reign over all the earth.